Sunday 17 July 2011

Boots 17 Falsifeye Mascara & Gel Eyeliner

Last week saw the launch of the new mascara from Boots. 17 Falsifeye Mascara claims to give your lashes the 'wow' look of false eye lashes.
I was in need of a little retail pick me up which is difficult where I work as there aren't many shops! As I wondered round the little Boots I saw this and decided to give it a go (plus it looks pretty and pink!). As a launch offer it is currently £6.49 and comes with a free Falsifeye Gel Eyeliner.



The packaging is pretty and pink which always attracts me, the only thing I don't like is that as the tube is chunky it makes it the wand a little harder to use as you can't get as close to the lashes. 
The last thing I really hate, but I guess it is the con of having pink packaging, is you can see inside the tube. This may sound silly but mentally being able to see inside the tube kind of makes me feel a little short changed i.e there isn't alot of product in there. Infact, I did check and there is 9ml which is about the average for drugstore brands.


I like the mascara, it does lengthen and define the lashes but I don't think it gives as good result as Collection 2000 Big Fake Lashes (£4.99) or Bourjois Volume Clubbing (£7.99, see my review of this mascara here). It has a very similar result to the Collection 2000 XXL Mascara (around £4.99).
To see the difference between all 4 mascaras see my Mascara Comparison post



Overall it is a good mascara but I think I would pay less for the Collection 2000 XXL Mascara for the same effect or a little more on the Bourjois Volume Clubbing for a more dramatic effect.



I hate to be negative about a product but the gel eyeliner is a bit disappointing. The brush that came with it actually was very good, it was easy to create a clear straight line, however, the product let it down. The colour, as you will see from the swatch didn't stand out on my skin tone and as you will see from the swatch underneath, after 30 minutes smudged really easily and faded.



It was free so I guess I shouldn't moan to much!

Stay Beautiful,


Jane xx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...